Sam had his Christmas party at school on Monday, and it was precious! They call it a "chocolatada" and had hot chocolate (although it's a bit different here - with cinnamon and cloves, but yummy!) and serve paneton also. Paneton is a special sweet bread with dried fruit, and it originated in Italy. At some point the custom of eating paneton at Christmastime caught on here in Peru, and it is a big deal!! I'll post a picture of some paneton later! But the BEST part were the cutie pies all dressed up to act out the story of baby Jesus being born!
 |
| Sam was supposed to be singing a trio, but he was pretty quiet! I did notice he knew the words to the song - in Spanish! |
 |
| Miss Lina, his favorite teacher |
 |
| Sam was showing me their nativity scene. Each child brought a piece of the nativity, and he was trying to find his lamb that he had added to the set. |
We are thankful for Sam's school, but sad the school year is ending for summer break!! They start back the new school year in March. It's really strange to be celebrating Christmas with "summer break", and to see Christmas ornaments for sale at the same time as beach towels and swimsuits! Only one of the adjustments we are trying to make! And it is about 65 to 70 degrees every day right now (and I hear it's pretty cold in Mississippi now!!).
3 comments:
Oh my! How Sam is growing up! Yes, it is very cold in Mississippi! Had lunch with Lynda today and caught up a little. I will be praying for them as they travel to Peru and I continue to pray for your family.
love all the pics, and am so proud of sweet sam! he is getting too big!
SO fun to see all our Deutscher Kindergarten friends! Glad Sam is enjoying the school. Our oldest two both went 2-3 years there and Mary Allen will enroll in March! I bet Mary Allen and Sam will be great friends!
Post a Comment