Update on Peru Plans

Our time to move is coming closer, but not yet! We continue to clean out, pack, organize. We are making a lot of progress - I have two suitcases completely packed, we are practicing Spanish, and all of the home school curriculum has been ordered! But it is never-ending, and I suppose it will not end until we get on the plane! At this point we have not sold our home, and Marcus is going to work until July 14. Our desire would be to leave the third week of July and start language school the first week of August. We are learning (daily!) that our desires and plans are not always God's plans, and this is about Him, not us. So we must be patient and let Him unfold the details for us.

We have also been busy visiting friends and churches to raise support, and that is coming along well. We are so thankful for the Lord's provision and our friends' generosity. We are now at about 55-60% of our need for 18 months. It is encouraging and yet another reminder the Lord is leaving the doors open for us to go!

As we have visited with people, I get very teary when I see the Peru Mission video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dm_HJ7HzP0). We are ready to be there, be part of the culture, have relationships with the people there, and attempt to serve them. I was reading someone's blog last week who is working there now, and she had written such a profound reminder of what it's all about:

0 comments: