It was really so much fun telling the children, because God had prepared them! When we told them we had some fun news, Ben guessed, "Are we moving?" Then we asked, "Where is somewhere you have been asking us to take you on a trip?" Sarah Caroline guessed, "Are we moving to Peru??" as she was jumping up and down with excitement. Only God could make them so excited about leaving their comfort zone, family, and friends to move to a new country!
We have much to do - sort through "stuff", sell our house, learn Spanish, and raise financial support. All while we continue with the daily routine of raising four children and have work commitments, church activities, Christmas plans, school, piano, Scouts, soccer, etc. Please pray that the details will fall into place and that we will continue to trust the Lord to provide the way.
When we get there, Marcus will be working in an existing medical clinic, as well as continue to build a relationship with the Peru Ministry of Health. I may assist him at times with Physical Therapy needs, although my main goals will be to homeschool. We hope to serve in the orphanage and local church for two reasons - ministry and service, and also for the children (and myself) to practice our Spanish. We also hope to recruit others to come visit!!
Peru Mission is so wonderful - you can read more at www.perumission.org. They do church planting, English as a Second Language, Seminary training, college ministry, economic development, and more. It is wonderful to see what God has done with this wonderful group of people, and we look forward to joining with them!

6 comments:
Whitney --
We give support to Peru Mission annually, but not to any particular missionary. Please keep us updated on your plans. We would definitely consider supporting you specifically rather than just the ministry in general.
I realized that I should have left my e-mail address so that you have a way to contact us.
lrs78@hotmail.com
Rena
Hey Y'all--this is Paula from Twin Lakes. I just read on another blog about your decision to go to Peru--whoo-hoo! That is so exciting and I'm glad that God is opening the doors for y'all to go!
Woo hoo, we are excited y'all are going to join us in Peru!
We are certainly praying for you and your precious family as you make preparations to leave for Peru in the summer. Know that we will miss you like crazy but are thankful to see you following the Lord's calling. What a blessing you all will be while serving in Peru, and what a life-changing experience it will be for your entire family!! I would LOVE to come visit and help in any way if y'all ever have a need for another set of hands in the orphanage or in the PT setting. Love y'all!!!
marcus:
I'm very excited that God has provided the opportunity for you to serve in Peru
please e-mail me; I am a pediatric pulmonologist in louisville Ky and visited wichanzo clinic march 09
Ron morton
Post a Comment